Tuesday, February 16, 2010

move over bruce lee...

my whole life my pa has always preached about what he believes is "important" in life - "the 3 M's": math, music, & martial arts. i had actually forgotten about it until i had kids of my own. as soon as they were born he'd remind me, "the 3 M's wena, the 3 M's!"

when g turned 5 i felt it was a decent age to go ahead & let him try the 3rd "M". r & i debated between jiu jitsu, judo & karate, but finally ended up choosing kung fu. the deciding factor for me? bruce lee, of course! we wanted to choose a martial art that was, in my opinion, "traditional". if he gets older & wants to learn all the "new school" styles, he'll have that option. but until that day comes, here's to my little white belt!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I LOVE this picture of G! I had a lot of fun when I took kung fu (I know - I can't believe I took kung fu). Hope he is having a great time! xoxo